Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Devotional for today:

I WANT YOU TO BE ALL MINE, filled with the Light of My Presence. I gave everything for you by living as a man, then dying for your sins and living again. Hold back nothing from Me. Bring your most secret thoughts into the Light of My Love. Anything you bring to Me I transform and cleanse from darkness. I know everything about you, far more than you know of yourself. But I restrain my yearning to "fix" you, waiting instead for you to come to me for help. Imagine the divine restraint this requires, for I have all Power in heaven and on earth....
(Matthew 28:18; Psalm 100:4)
 ~ Sarah Young ~

I came to a few realizations after I reread this a second time. First, God, who has all Power in heaven and on earth, wants us to go to Him for help. He could "fix" us anytime he wants to but He restrains so that we will call out to Him. Second, God sounds like a best friend. "Bring your most secret thoughts into the Light of My Love...I know everything about you, far more than you know of yourself." He wants us to be His! Isn't that amazing?! The King of Kings wants us to be His children! That's incredible! And the last realization, one that is so easily forgotten, is that God is the ONLY one who can "fix" you. No one else. That's how powerful He is! Wow, he loves us so much...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wholeheartedly,
Allie and Abby