Friday, June 17, 2011

The Best Things in Life...

"The best things in life, aren't things."

Yesterday, while Fathers' Day shopping, I saw a little wooden sign with that phrase on it.
And I read it, and thought about how good of a phrase it was.

But is it really?
Is it really what I base my life on?
Do I worry about all of my "things"?

Sadly...my answers are "No, Yes."

"The best things in life, aren't things."

It's easy to read it, like it, and put it as a Facebook status, but do I really just want to be "all bark, no bite"?
I want to be the girl who has 6 shirts, and still feels blessed.
I want to always remember that nothing on this earth will ever last.
I want to love Jesus more than anything that I have/will ever have.
I want to give all (maybe not all...I'm still working on this one ) my possessions and bless someone else with them.

Last Sunday at church, our pastor  said something along the lines of, "When you die it ALL goes away. I've never seen a U-Haul driving behind a hearse."

If when we die it all goes away, then what is the point of worrying about how many nice things we have while we are on earth?
Earthly things will never be able to satisfy us, only eternal things can.


The best things are eternal.

Eternal life, love, peace, kindness, forgiveness, joy...

Eternity.


1 comment:

Wholeheartedly,
Allie and Abby